Monday, October 24, 2011

Sculpey - Adult Playdough

Last year I had a friend use the word Sculpey and I looked at her like she was from outer space. Well, she had the same look on my face when I asked her what she was talking about. Well, today we used Sculpey for the first time =) I bought some to try and never did. Today we went on a Nature hike to Sherwood Forest (Wrightwood mountains) to see oak trees (we saw Live White Oak and Black Oak) and then were supposed to make Sculpey acorns to hang on our journals. Yea, well the pack of earth tone Sculpey was left at home with my camera! Fortunately, I have wonderful friend who took a picture (or 3) for me =) Anyway, we came home and made acorns. They turned out pretty well =)

After our hike, one family took Isaac and Bekah, along with others, on a little Goecaching trip. Only 1/2 miles up the road (or so they thought). It turned out to be more like 1 mile up the side of the mountain, and Robin Hood and Maid Marian both got tired of carrying their capes, so the wonderful Prara Girls gathered Isaac's and Bekah's belongings along the way. Thank you Prara Girls! Anyway, Isaac met a new best friend, Mr. Prara. He is into archery... he and Isaac already planned a date to make arrows and go to the local archery club meeting to shoot arrows.
Speaking of friends. One concern of homeschooling I had was that my children wouldn't get to have any close friends. Well, while they were off Geocaching, there were a couple of boys looking to play with Isaac and a couple of girls looking to play with Bekah. All of these children are being raised with the same moral beliefs. What a great group of children to pick a best friend from!

No comments:

Post a Comment