Friday, September 6, 2013

Classic Literature

When we started planning this year, I had some concerns as to what classic literature would fit our school year. Classic literature that is appropriate for upper elementary aged children. Well, God always answers prayers! During the American Revolution, families would read the bible, Gulliver’s Travels, and Robinson Crusoe! Happy Mommy =) We read the bible every day, so we decided to read Gulliver’s Travels first! I do not enjoy reading out loud for numerous reasons, so I get very happy when I find audiobooks at Librivox, which means free voice in Latin!

Which brings me to today. We just listened to the chapter where Gulliver has to convince the Ruler of the little people to let him go. So, how do the children get free from Benjamin's chain? By writing Benjamin the Ruler, a letter convincing him to let them free. I will provide their daily rations, lunch, when they are let go =)

DSC09886

1 comment:

  1. I love that look on Isaac's face. You really know how to "capture" your children's hearts! I'm glad you are enjoying that classical literature. I find I just don't have enough time to read everything I want to read!

    ReplyDelete